Freitag, 4. Juni 2010

Kristen äußert sich zum Vergewaltigungs-Statement

Während Kristens Interview für die Elle UK wurde sie auch über ihr Leben in der Öffentlichkeit befragt und wie sie damit umgeht. Da hat sie folgendes gesagt:
On the media:
"It really bothers me when people write nasty shit about me and the perception is that I don’t give a fuck. It could not be further from the truth. Your little persona is made up of all the places that people have seen you and what has been said about you, and usually the places that I am are so overwhelming in the moment and fleeting for me like one second where I’ve said something stupid, that’s me, forever."

On the paparazzi:
"What you don’t see are the cameras shoved in my face and the bizarre intrusive questions being asked, or the people falling over themselves, screaming and taunting to get a reaction. The photos are so … I feel like I’m looking at someone being raped. A lot of the time I can’t handle it. It’s fucked. I never expected that this would be my life." 

Nachdem es dann im Internet und den Medien  heiße Diskussionen über dieses Thema gab und sich alle tierisch darüber aufgeregt haben, hat sich Kristen nun nochmal zu ihrem Kommentar geäußert:  
 'I Made an Enormous Mistake'
No sooner did excerpts from July's British Elle make their way to the Internet on Wednesday than the blogosphere exploded in outrage.

In an offending quote, Twilight saga star Kristen Stewart compared paparazzi photos of herself to images of a woman being raped. Almost immediately, everyone from fans to spokespeople for rape victims' advocacy organizations were publicly criticizing the actress.

"I really made an enormous mistake – clearly and obviously," Stewart, currently in Korea to promote the new installment of the Twilight series Eclipse, tells PEOPLE exclusively. "And I'm really sorry about my choice of words."

Stewart, 20, is not known as one to mince words. "I've made stupid remarks before, and I've always reasoned: 'Whatever. They can think what they want,' " she says.

But in this instance, the Los Angeles-born actress feels compelled to address the situation. " 'Violated' definitely would have been a better way of expressing the thought," she notes.

In fact, the issue of violence against women is one that has been close to Stewart since playing a victim of rape in the 2004 film Speak. She has done public service announcements for the advocacy group RAINN and for SOC.

The irony of the situation in which Stewart now finds herself is not lost on the actress. "People thinking that I'm insensitive about this subject rips my guts out. I made a big mistake."

Ich weiß nicht, aber irgendwie fand ich den Kommentar garnicht sooo schlimm. Klar; die Wortwahl war vielleicht nicht optimal, aber wenn man sich mal anschaut wie heftig das mit den Paparazzi teilweise ist kann ich es gut verstehen. Sie gehören zwar irgendwie dazu, aber ich bezweifle, dass besonders Rob & Kristen je gedacht hätten das es mal so schlimm wird.

source 1 & source 2 via kstewartfans
by Layla

3 Kommentare:

  1. Ich kann dir nur Recht geben. Ich finde, dass wurde mal wieder viel zu hoch gekocht!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ohhh... war ja klar dass sie irgendwann mal die nerven verliert und so was sagt. es fehlt ja nur noch dass die sie mit am klo folgen und dort abblitzen
    klar hätte sie es auch ander formulieren können aber wenn man mal "explodiert", kann man nicht "höfflich explodieren" :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Halloooooo?
    Nicht nur Kristen sollte darüber nachdenken was sie in der Öffentlichkeit sagt, sondern auch einige hier!
    Sie hat sich wenigstens entschuldigt...

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.